Ministers from the coastal areas are clamoring for 7 million marks for infrastructure projects that are seen as crucial in their areas. They have been pushing hard for the money the past 6 months. Also speculation is brewing on whether the PDF commander Major General Paul von Lettow might retire and take up politics.
Some in the Chancellors bloc have suggested that a promotion might be in order to keep him content in the military and out of political life.
The Citizens Voice has been given a copy of the first proposed draft budget from an unnamed ministers aide. Here are a few of the big budget items on the proposal.
- PM-7,000,000 for coastal infrastructure projects.
- PM-10,000,000 military arms for the heinleinist faction in Mafeking.
- PM-1,000,000,000 defense spending increase.
- PM-230,000,000 military advisory committee budget.
- PM-260,000,000 roads & highway maintenance.
- PM-68,000,000 military academy spending increase.
Other items with no specific amount listed are:
- An endowment for the National Library.
- An endowment for the National Museum of the Arts.
Other legislation attached:
- Expansion of the Republic Farm Bureau geared towards an increase in homegrown crops & animals.
- Review of the Republic Service Centers Administration Board.
- Also a section entitled Area 511 was included but was blacked out to hide its contents.